Most of the phones available in market support automatic GPRS setting. For automatic GPRS setting through SMS, read this post . But some of the phones like Karbonn, Micromax do not support GPRS setting through SMS .In these phones, GPRS setting has to be done manually. Manual GPRS setting differs a little between Gingerbread and ICS phones . I have already written about how to have manual GPRS setting in Gingerbread phone. Now, let’s see how to do it in ICS and Jelly bean android phones.
1. First select menu button.
2. Look for setting option on the screen and select it .
3. Now, select more option.
4.Then, select Mobile Network.
5.Click on Access point names.
6. Press button left to home button , menu appears then select add new APN.
7. Now edit access point. Just change name as per your choice and APN to ntnet for ntc and ncellgprs for cell. Save the setting by pressing button left to home button and select save.
8. Now open packet data from status bar.
Video for Ntc and Ncell GPRS setting For Android phones