I have written about way to write in nepali using java mobile phone. Today , let’s know how to read and type in nepali using android mobile phones. This is elaborated in two main heading viz installation of nepali font and installation of nepali keyboard in android phones. Without installation of nepali font, there is no use of nepali keyboard.
1. Installation of nepali/ devanagari font in android phone
Most of android phones available these days support devanagari font. So is the case with my karbonn android a7 phone. It has preinstalled devanagari font. In such type of phones there is no necessary to install nepali fonts. But if the phone does not support nepali font, install nepali font in it by following steps listed below:
1. Rooting of android phone. It is a risky thing that can do harm to mobile. Perform it at your own risk. To know more about rooting, search for rooting android phones in google.
2. Download root explorer for android mobile from google play.
3. Download this font and move it to
device’s /system/font/ directory. (It will
replace the fonts from that directory so be
4. Reboot the android phone
2. Installation of nepali keyboard in android phone
After, installation of nepali font in android device, download and install multiling keyboard from google play or any other online sources( file hosting sites). Multiling keyword support many languages. To activate different languages,plugins are required. Activate nepali language following steps listed below.
1.Enable multiling keyboard by selecting it in language and keyboard setting.
2. Now change input method to multiling keyboard.
3. Now download plugin for nepali language from goomoji.appspot.com/market/dl.html?ne . Install this plugin.
4. Only select nepali language in multiling keyboard setting and unmark all other languages.
5. Now while writing, nepali keyboard pops out.
Writing in nepali from android phone is also possible by using this nepali unicode converter for android phones