Wireless Internet is particularly popular among laptop users. In Nepal, Worldlink, broadlink wifi and Ncell Connect are major wireless Internet providers.
Broadlink is one of the wifi providers in Nepal. It provides various internet packages to its customers. To subscribe to broadlink wifi, first get voucher card from internet or local reseller and activate the username by calling to center 1660-01-21000. Then subscribe to any packages. Broadlink provides the service plans based on the speed, duration and data volume. Its different packages are listed below:
3GB – Rs 500 (validity 30 days)
Unlimited (250 kbps 30 days) – Rs 899
Unlimited (384 kbps 30 days) – Rs 1348
Unlimited (512 kbps 30 days) – Rs 2700
Unlimited (960 kbps 30 days) – Rs 6742
Worldlink is another wifi provider in Nepal. To purchase worldlink wifi, consult the nearby reseller cybercafe and subscribe to one of the following plan:
3GB – Rs 500 (speed 512kbps, validity 1 month)
5GB – Rs 800 (speed 1Mbps, validity 1 month)
8GB – Rs 1000 (speed 1Mbps, validity 1 month)
Unlimited (speed 192 kbps, validity 1 month) – Rs 999
Unlimited (speed 312 kbps, validity 1 month) – Rs 1299
It is another wireless internet provider in Nepal. To use this service provided by Ncell, data card is required. This service works where 3G network of Ncell is available.( Also works in 2G network however speed is very low). Available service plans are:
500 MB – Rs. 399 (No time limit)
1000 MB – Rs. 699 (No time limit)
5000 MB – Rs. 1999 (No time limit)
20000 MB – Rs. 4499 (No time limit)
Data card – Rs. 1999
Data sim – Rs. 99
Comparisons between these Wirless Internet providers Worldlink, Broadlink and Ncell Connect
1. Worldlink and Broadlink wifi are more cheaper than Ncell Connect.
2. The package of worldlink and broadlink wifi expires in a month whereas Ncell Connect has no time limit.
3. Broadlink wifi password can be used in any computer whereas Worldlink wifi password works only in the computer with assigned MAC id.
4.The speed of Ncell Connect(in 3G network areas) is faster than that of Worldlink and Broadlink wifi.
Which one to choose between Worldlink, Broadlink and Ncell Connect
1.It depends on availability of network signal. Check the availability of wifi signal on the laptops.
2. If Worldlink wifi signal is available, ask for the test username and password from neaby reseller cybercafe for testing. If the speed and signal is nice, buy any one service plan.
3.For Unlimited Package, Broadlink wifi is recommended as it can be used from any computer. The same username and password doesn’t work from two computers at a time.
4. Ncell Connect is recommended for professional purpose only when high speed internet is required. It is not suitable for home purpose as its service plans are expensive.
Free username and password of Wifi
Till now, I haven’t found any free username and password of Worldlink and Broadlink wifi. In Nepal, there are different school, colleges, hotels, company and organisation using wifi in their areas. I have seen people using wifi of nearby institution and hotels for free. So to use free search signal of neaby wifi from laptops and get password from the college friend or by hacking.